Water Line Replacement and Installation Service on Long Island
Water Line Replacement & Installations in Queens, Nassau & Suffolk
When you turn on a faucet, you expect to receive clean, fresh water. But what would happen if you turned on a tap and found that the water pouring out of it was brown, had a foul smell to it, or that it was coming out in nothing more than a mere trickle? You’d probably be pretty alarmed and upset.
Fresh water is vital to the everyday functioning of your home or business. You need it to cook, clean, and drink. Most of us take our fresh water supply for granted; that is until we experience a problem with it.
Fresh water doesn’t appear out of nowhere. If you are connected to city water, you receive water through a water line, which is connected to the treated and pressurized water that is supplied by your city. If issues with your water line arise, it’s safe to say that you will be majorly inconvenienced.
Reasons Water Lines Need to be Replaced
Water lines are made of durable materials and are built to withstand wear and tear; however, they can still become damaged. Some of the most common reasons water lines need to be repaired include:
- Age. The older a water line is, the greater the chances are that it will need to be replaced. Older water lines endure extensive wear and tear, which can weaken them and make them more susceptible to damage.
- Freezing and thawing. Though water lines are buried deep in the ground to avoid the effects of freezing and thawing, they can still be impacted by fluctuating temperature changes. This is especially true if the water line is older or made of a material that is more prone to becoming damaged by temperature changes. Freezing constricts the line and thawing expands it, which can make it more prone to cracking and breaking.
- Ground movement. Though it may seem like the ground is stable, it is constantly moving. Settling and shifting can crack or break a water line, making a replacement necessary.
- Tree roots. Trees are wonderful, but they are plumbing pipes’ worst enemy. They seek out water, and since water lines are a source of water, they tend to grow toward them. Tree roots can wrap around a water line and crush it, or burst through it and cause major cracks and holes that are irreparable.
Signs of a Water Line Problem
There are several signs that indicate a water line is damaged and needs to be replaced. Here’s a look at some of the signs that you should be on the lookout for:
- A decrease in water pressure. If it seems like your water pressure has decreased substantially or if it coming out in nothing more than drips, there’s a pretty good chance that your water line is damaged and may need to be repaired.
- Brown water. If your water appears to be brown or copper in color, the likelihood that your water line is damaged it needs to be replaced is very strong. That discolored water could be the result of corrosion, or it could be dirt and soil making its way into the water line through cracks and holes.
- A soggy yard. If the weather has been dry and you haven’t been watering your yard, yet you notice soggy spots, it could be a sign of a water line problem. The water line is buried under the ground. When a crack or hole develops in the line, water can leak out into the dirt that surrounds it and pushes its way up to the surface.
- Odd sounds. If you hear odd sounds when you turn on a faucet or flush a toilet, damage to the water line could be to blame. When a water line is damaged, it can cause knocking, banging, or whistling in plumbing pipes.
- No water. If absolutely no water comes out of your faucets when you turn them on and there isn’t any water in your toilet bowls, it’s a safe bet that there is a severe problem with your water line.
If you notice any of the above signs, turn off your water and call a professional right away. The longer you wait, the worse the damage can become. When it comes to water line damage, you need to act quickly to avoid serious flooding, extensive damage, and very costly repairs.
Fast and Efficient Water Line Replacement and Installation
If you suspect that there is a problem with your water line and you need it replaced, call Five Towns Sewer & Drain. Offering commercial water line replacement and installation throughout Queens and Long Island, our professionals use the highest quality equipment and advanced techniques to diagnose water line issues and replace them.
Not only will do we replace and install new water lines quickly and efficiently, but we also do minimal amount of damage to your property. With other companies, it can take days for your water line to be replaced, which is a major inconvenience. Add to that the fact that they can do extensive damage to your property, and you will also have to deal with additional costs to repair the damage.
At Five Towns Sewer & Drain, we treat each and every property as if it were our own. We take great pride in the work that we do and ensure that we deliver the results that you would expect from a professional, reputable plumber.
If you suspect your water line needs to be replaced or you want to learn more about our water line replacement and installation service, contact us today. We look forward to making sure you receive access to the fresh water that you deserve.