Water Line Repairs on Long Island
Water Line Repair Services in Queens, Nassau & Suffolk County
Fresh water is a vital part of your everyday life. From showering to cooking, or even just drinking, you use fresh water so often, and without it, it’s safe to say that you would be seriously inconvenienced.
However, despite how much you use fresh water, if you are like most people, you probably take it for granted. You expect to turn on your faucets and receive a never-ending supply of clean, fresh water. Did you ever stop to think about where that fresh water comes from? It doesn’t just appear. It is delivered to your home via the main water line.
How Main Water Lines Work
Homes and businesses receive their supply of fresh water through the cities they are located in. Buildings are connected to the city’s water supply via the main water line. Treated and pressurized water is distributed from a city’s pumping station and sends it into homes and business through the main water line.
Once the treated, pressurized water makes its way to a water main, it moves through a large pipe – known as the supply line – carries water from the mainline to your home or business. Supply lines are usually made of plastic, copper, or galvanized iron, and they are buried underground to prevent freezing and damage.
Every time you turn on a shower or sink, flush a toilet or run a dishwasher or washing machine, you have your main water line to thank for the supply of fresh water that you receive.
Common Reasons Water Lines Need to be Repaired
Though water lines are built of durable materials can withstand wear and tear and harsh conditions, they aren’t invincible. There are several reasons why a water line may become damaged and need to be repaired. Some of the most common reasons repairs are needed include:
- Intrusion of tree roots. Root systems are highly complex and continuously grow at a rapid pace. They seek out water, and since your main water line is a source of water, it makes sense that tree roots grow toward them. Since they are so strong and complex, it is quite possible for roots to wrap themselves around or push their way through the main water line, causing extensive damage.
- Corrosion. Depending on the material your main water line is made of, it could corrode. Corrosion can lead to cracks, chips, and breaks in the line, making a repair or even a replacement necessary.
- Age. Though main water lines are built to last a long time, like everything, they become more susceptible to damage as they age. If your water line is old, there’s a good chance it may need be in need of repairs.
Signs Your Water Line Needs to be Repaired
How can you tell if your water line needs to be repaired? Here’s a look at some signs that indicated a repair will likely be necessary:
- Discolored water. If your water isn’t clear, but rather has a brown, rusted appearance, it could be a sign that there is an issue with your main water line. Discoloration can occur as a result of corrosion, or even be related to soil or dirt making its way into breaks or cracks.
- Low water pressure. If your water pressure isn’t as powerful as it usually is, your water line could be losing pressure as a result of a leak. There are other causes of water pressure problems, but a damaged water pipe is definitely one of them.
- Damp spots in your yard. If it hasn’t rained and you haven’t been running a sprinkler system, yet you notice there are damp spots in your yard, it could be because your water line is damaged. Water can seep out of cracks or holes and end up in your yard instead of your faucets.
Fast and Efficient Water Line Repairs from Five Towns Sewer & Drain
There may be a lot of plumbers that offer water line repair services in Queens and on Long Island, but most of them involve extensive work and can take a long time and a lot of money to complete. Plus, they can leave your yard in a state of disrepair, which leads to more time wasted and more money spent.
With Five Towns Sewer & Drain, our water line repair service is fast and efficient. We use an advanced technique that allows us to diagnose the condition of your water line and determine exactly what type of repairs it requires. We then repair the damage, doing a minimal amount of damage to your property – if any damage at all.
Not only are our water line repairs fast and effective, but they are also affordable. Our aim is to provide you with the highest quality plumbing service possible. We also want to make sure that you are inconvenienced as little as possible. That’s why we take great strides to make sure that we diagnose and repair your damaged water line efficiently and effectively.
If you suspect there is an issue with your water line and it needs to be repaired, contact us today!