Sewer Line Replacement & Installation Services on Long Island
Sewer Line Replacement & Installation in Queens, Nassau & Suffolk County
A sewer line is exactly what it sounds like: the line (or pipe) that connects all of the drains from your home or business to a sewer. As wastewater is flushed down toilets and drains, it makes its way to the main sewer line, which then pushes that wastewater out into the sewer.
Though the main sewer line plays a very important role in a plumbing system, a lot of people don’t pay attention to it – or even know it exists! It’s usually the property owner’s responsibility to maintain, repair, or replace the sewer line that connects your property to the city sewer line.
When sewer line issues arise, you’ll have a major problem on your hands. That’s why it’s important to stay on top of this important plumbing fixture and have it repaired or replaced before chaos strikes.
Common Reasons why Sewer Lines Need to be Repaired or Replaced
There are several reasons why sewer lines can become damaged and need to be repaired or completely replaced. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Tree roots growing into the sewer line and damaging it.
- Ground settling, which can shift or crack pipes.
- Pipes that have been improperly installed.
- Pipes that are made out of non-durable materials, such as cast iron or clay, can easily corrode or crack.
- Flushing waste down drains and toilets that sewer lines are meant to handle.
- Lack of maintenance.
- Ground freezing and thawing.
- Regular wear and tear associated with aging.
- Backups from your city’s sewer line.
Signs of Sewer Line Issues
It’s important to have your sewer line pipes inspected on a regular basis by a professional. An inspection can reveal damage that would call for a repair or replacement, helping you avoid catastrophe. However, issues can arise at any time, even if you do have your system inspected regularly. If you notice any of the following signs, you need to call a professional plumber that specializes in sewer line repair and replacement:
- Low water levels in your toilets
- Gurgling sounds coming from toilets or drains
- Slow drainage in tubs, showers, sinks, and toilets.
- Pooling water in your basement or on low-level floors.
- Pooling water in your yard.
- The smell of raw sewage.
- Visible raw sewage backing up into your toilets, tubs, showers, or sinks.
Repairing a Damaged or Broken Sewer Line
If your sewer lines are damaged or broken, you can count on Five Towns Sewer & Line to repair or replace it. Our experts will fully assess your plumbing system to determine the extent of the damage and whether or not the line needs to be repaired or completely replaced.
While every property is different and different techniques are needed to repair or replace sewer lines, some of the ways in which we can correct the problem include:
- Relining your pipes. Depending on the condition of your sewer line, pipe relining may be the ideal solution. We can either install new pipe materials directly inside the existing pipes or line the pipes with a protective sleeve to prevent further damage. With both methods, we will start by thoroughly cleaning your pipes and then install the lining. In a matter of a few hours, your plumbing system will be back up and running.
- Replacing your pipes. If the damage is extensive, a complete replacement will likely be necessary. If this is the case, we will use the highest quality tools to remove the damaged pipe and install a highly durable replacement. We’ll make sure that the new pipe is installed properly so that your wastewater will flow smoothly to your sewer line and into your city’s main sewer system.
- Routine maintenance. As the saying goes, the best defense is a good offense. In other words, if you want to avoid issues with your sewer line, it’s important to have it inspected and maintained by a professional on a regular basis. We offer video camera inspections to check the condition of your pipes and offer a range of services that will keep your pipes cleared and flowing smoothly. Our routine inspections and regular maintenance can prevent sewer line issues completely.
Sewer Line and Replacement from Five Towns Sewer & Drain
If you’ve never had your sewer line inspected, you don’t remember the last time you had it inspected, or you suspect that your sewer line may be damaged or in need of replacement, contact Five Towns Sewer & Drain. Our team of highly trained, professional plumbers will conduct a thorough inspection of your plumbing system and determine the condition of your sewer line. If there are any issues, we will determine the best option to correct it. If your sewer line is in good condition, we will perform preventative maintenance to keep your pipes in good condition and help you avoid problems in the future.
Offering commercial services and residential services, Five Towns Sewer & Drain can provide sewer line repair and replacement for businesses and homes throughout Long Island. Contact us today!